WATER HEATING SOLUTIONS
Water Heater Services in Edmonton
Water heaters haven’t been considered a luxury item for years and in fact, you’d be hard-pressed to find a home without one. With that said, these appliances do not last forever and can occasionally need repairs. Our plumbers are knowledgeable about all water heaters and can help you with the decision to repair or replace your unit. Of course, should you experience a hot water emergency and need our services, we are available around the clock!
When To Repair or Replace Your Water Heater
Water heaters do not last forever and usually break down when you need them most. Sometimes, the appliance just needs a small repair while other times the unit should be completely replaced. Unfortunately, it can be difficult to tell the difference and sometimes the cost of either one won’t make for a clear decision, either. Here are a few ways to tell if you should consider repairing or replacing your unit:
- AGE - as stated, water heaters won’t last forever. On average, water heaters last between 8 and 10 years. This is just an average so your tank may need to be replaced at 7 years or last for 11 years
- RUST - if there is rust in your tank or inlet valve, the unit is corroding
- NOISE - hearing a loud popping or crackling sounds could mean that there is sediment built up at the bottom of the tank. Every time the tank needs to be heated, it must heat through this layer which can cause the bottom of the unit to burn and eventually leak. This is a problem that could lead to repair or replacement depending on its severity
- LEAKS - there isn’t a long-term solution to repairing water heater leaks and this can indicate a new tank is in your future
- NOT ENOUGH HOT WATER - at one point, your water heater provided enough hot water for your home. If it no longer does, whether it is due to age or the fact your family has grown, it may be time to replace the unit
Our plumbing professionals can help you make the best choice for your home. Whether it ends up being high-quality water heater repairs or a complete replacement, we have the expertise needed to get the job done right - the first time.
Benefits of Professional Water Heater Installation
Although there may be seminars and videos showing how to install a water heater, this process isn’t always as easy as it looks. When dealing with an appliance that heats your home’s water, you are also handling electrical components and in some instances natural gas lines, which can be dangerous without the right expertise. The combination of these can be deadly, even if the install seemingly went ‘fine.’ Sometimes problems tend to show themselves days, weeks, or months after a DIY job is completed.
When you choose to call our services, this won’t be an issue. We will make sure to install your new water heater correctly, set the temperature for efficiency and safety, and explain any features you may need to know about.
WHY OUR CLIENTS USE US
“Furnace stopped working yesterday. So I called these guys at 8am this morning. Their repairman got here in about an hour so that was great. They checked the furnace and told me it had a burnt out circuit board. They went and got that from the factory and came back in about an hour. The repair guy was quite helpful and friendly. My only concern is that they charge you every step of the way. They charged for the dispatch, going to get the part, the part itself and installing it which totaled about $800. Other than that I had no complaints.”
“My furnace wasnt responding to my thermostat (Lennox – mid efficiency) which caused the house to become very cold, I called this company, 2 hours later i had a service member at my house (“Ryan”), he quickly diagnosed my problem (sensor needed to be taken out and cleaned and air filter needed to be replaced) and remedied it, along with educating me on the furnace and how it works, he also programmed my thermostat and charged me a very reasonable rate. I’d highly recommend them.”
“Had an issue with the furnace today. Took one phone call and the lady on the other end was friendly and helpful. The Technician came out within an hour, troubleshot the furnace and was abel to provide clear info about the issue. after that the technician got the part and was able to get the fan going again in no time. Definitely would refer to others.”